Having an oily skin ruins our overall facial get-up. Oily skin is a pain to deal with as it ruins makeups and drastically clogs pores. And of course, it is flat out messy.
Not only that, but it also contributes heavily to the formation of acne, causing your face to lose its smoothness as well. Pimples are practically caused when skin oil gets mixed up with clogged pores and dead skin cells.
No one wants an oily skin and the good thing is, it can be prevented. Before you can fight oily skin off, you first need to know how it takes over your face in the first place.
What exactly are the causes of oily skin? Here are the common root causes of oily skin:
- Stress – Yes, stress. Just like other medical conditions, oily skin can be caused by too much stress. Our skin naturally produces excessive oil in times of stress.
We naturally live in a stressful world but at the end of the day, it’s on you. You can’t prevent stress every now and then but it’s up to you to handle it properly to avoid its bad effects, including oily skin.
- Environment – This is one of the most common causes of oily skin. Given that its quite humid in our country, excessive sweating is sometimes unavoidable and that eventually leads to an oily skin. This can be countered by keeping your cleansing rituals intact. That way, you’ll be ready regardless of what nature brings.
A glycolic acid facial cleansing gel can get the job done as it effectively cleanses and purifies your skin, removing impurities caused by excessive oil, pollution, and makeup.
- Cosmetic Use – While makeup is your best friend in terms of covering up oil, breakouts, and acne, it can also contribute to an oily skin. Some chemicals left in your face can cause excessive oil that’s why it is that important to fully remove your makeup every night before hitting the sack.
When you remove your makeup, a simple washing won’t get it completely done. It is strongly recommended to use a quality toner to remove leftover gunk from your usage of cosmetics.
- Diet – A proper diet is likewise critical in terms of preventing oily skin. In times you indulge yourself, you become susceptible to high glycemic foods that lead to overactive sebum production.
- Aging – As you are most likely aware, aging causes a constant change of state in the skin. You become more prone to wrinkles and breakouts as you grow older. Hence, it is that important for you to fight off oily skin, acne, and other skin problems by observing proper skin care constantly.
Now that you’re aware of what causes your oily skin, protect yourself, particularly your face, by making sure you avoid things that can cause it. This way, you won’t have to worry about dealing with an oily skin.
Want to learn the best skin practices and treatments? Contact our Patient Care Lines (+632) 368 5238 | (+63) 917 862 7454 | (+63) 921 217 0517 and consult our dermatologists for FREE.