It’s inevitable for various people to deal with certain hair problems. One particular common problem is hair loss and the solutions available for it. Here are some myths and facts about hair loss and the corresponding hair transplant that can go along with it.
1. I’m too young to have a hair transplant. The minimum age to have this surgery is to be at least in their 20’s, especially for men who have extensive hair loss at this early age due to a strong family history of genetic hair loss. However, most men who seek hair transplant surgery are in their late 30’s or in their prime age of 40-50 years.
2. Hair transplant is only for balding men and not for women. Both men and women suffer from genetic hair loss, we call Male Pattern Hair Loss and Female Pattern Hair Loss. This genetic hair loss, called Androgenetic alopecia in general, is the most common indication for having a hair transplant surgery.
3. Asians are less likely to need a hair transplant than Caucasians. Androgenetic alopecia affects all nationalities. Filipinos are definitely not spared. If you have the genes, there’s a high chance you may inherit it from either side of the family tree.
4. Hair transplant can make my white hair turn black. Hair transplant surgery transfers your own hairs (whether white, black, blonde, brunette, red-head) from one area to another. It WILL NOT CHANGE the color of your hair (unless you change your hair color using a dye!).
5. Hair transplant surgery is only for the rich. Hair transplant surgery is a bit pricey. So is having any other cosmetic procedure. But like most anything else we wish to acquire, smart budgeting is required. Think of it this way, buying a new gadget will cost a lot of money but it depreciates through time. Having a hair transplant surgery provides you with long-lasting (permanent) results of a full(er) head of hair for the rest of your life. A gadget will make you ‘look’ rich but you end up poorer. Looking and feeling better once your hair grows increases your self-esteem and market value a whole lot more.
Shinagawa PH aims on providing the best hair transplant in the Philippines. We offer the most reliable treatment for hair restoration, particularly Hair Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Hair Implant.
Know why in hair transplant reviews in Manila, Shinagawa is consistently at the upper echelon.