Preventing plaque is something that you should be mindful of when it comes to taking care of your oral health.
Dental plaque is a mass of bacteria that naturally grows on surfaces within the mouth that can lead to forming tartar.
Cavities and gum disease are caused by plaque that’s why it’s that important for you to prevent having it in the first place.
Here are some key tips to prevent plaque:
- Avoid Sugary Food – If you have a sweet tooth, you might as well start moderating that. That means you should start avoiding sodas and candies as they cause sugar to stick to your teeth.
As sugar lingers in your mouth, bacteria becomes plaque, turns into acid and damages your teeth in the process. With this, it’s time to resist your sweet tooth!
- Eat More Fruits and Veggies – Eating various fruits and vegetables helps you keep the plaque away. Apples, carrots, cucumbers, and vegetables are all beneficial to you.
- Brush Regularly – Brushing your teeth at least thrice a day properly with toothpaste that contains fluoride keeps your mouth healthy and away from the plaque.
- Floss Daily – Plaque normally hides in between teeth that’s why it is that important to floss every day. Flossing is an effective way to get rid of plaque around teeth at the gum line. Flossing behind you molars will get to areas that are hard to reach.
- Regularly Visit A Dentist – The best solution to keep your oral health in check is to regularly visit a dentist. When plaque hardens and turns to tartar, the treatment is expected to be harder. That’s why scheduling a dental checkup at least twice a year, or as recommended, is that essential.
Regular visits significantly reduce the chances of getting cavities or losing your teeth.
Make sure you don’t skip dental checkups. You can visit ours for a FREE dental consultation. Simply call our Patient Care Lines: (+632) 368 5238 | (+63) 917 862 7454 | (+63) 921 217 0517