In our previous entry, it was discussed how air pollution can significantly affect your eyes and vision for the worse.
With that, it is quite important to protect your eyes from air pollution.
Here are some simple, yet effective ways to protect your eyes from the bad effect that air pollution brings:
1. Don’t Forget Your Sunglasses – Yes, it’s more than just an accessory. Wearing sunglasses is essential as that protects your eyes from the unforgiving rays of the sun and all the pollution out there. Every time you’re outdoors, wearing sunglasses enables you to protect your eyes from dust, debris or any harmful particles present in the air.
2. Hydrate Well – Dehydration should be a no-no. The easiest way to protect your eyes from air pollution is by staying hydrated. Drink at least eight glasses of water. It is essential to keep your body hydrated if you want your eyes to produce an adequate amount of tears.
3. Eat Foods Helpful For The Eyes – The effect of proper nutrition on health is sometimes underrated and it should not be. A daily intake of foods rich in fish oil, antioxidants, and foods omega-3s is a super effective prevention method.
4. Increase Indoor Humidity – Increasing the humidity levels indoor is an ideal way to protect your eyes. The air outside is dry but you can keep the air in your home moist. The humidity will not only keep your eyes moist but will also help in clearing your sinuses.
5. Stay Indoors In Times Of Pollution Level Peak – In cases wherein there is a high level of particulate matter in the air, limit your outdoor exposure as much as you can. Stay indoors. Even if you really have to go outside, protect your eyes with spectacles and/or masks.
Follow these tips and reminders and make sure your eyes are always well protected from the harmful air pollution.
To know more about what’s best for your eyes, consult our renowned doctors. Call our Patient Care Lines: (+632) 368 5238 l (+63) 917 862 7454 l (+63) 921 217 0517 to schedule an appointment.