Given the astounding advancements in cataract procedures, a patient who is seeking to have a cataract removed can feel even more secure.
Modern cataract procedures now have the ability to break up the cloudy lens into small pieces before having them removed from the eye more gently compared to the traditional method.
Once the cloudy lens has finally been removed from the eye, a clear and new Intra-Ocular Lens (IOL) is carefully placed behind the iris and pupil to take the place of the natural lens.
One of the most advanced procedures we have today is the Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery. With its innovative capabilities, it presents far more benefits compared to the traditional cataract procedure.
With the advancements features in this modern method, many cataract patients are likely bound to have a better vision after Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery than they had before they had a cataract.
The advantages and benefits that having a Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery in a private clinic include:
- Contrary to traditional surgery, laser-assisted procedures are well-guided, providing a potentially better result with better precision. As a result, there’s a bigger chance for a patient to be glasses-free following the procedure.
- A laser-assisted procedure is gentler to the eye, resulting in minimal to no pain. As the laser fragments the cataract into microscopic pieces, only minimal ultrasound energy is needed to complete the surgery. With that, excessive trauma and potential damage to the cornea, the most vital lens in the eye, is prevented.
- The created circular opening in the lens using the laser is far more accurate than an opening made manually. This leads to a much more predictable refractive result since the exact placement of the IOL is predicted. Also, the operation becomes much safer.
- With precisely placed curved corneal incisions, astigmatism can be more accurately corrected in the process. Combined with the IOL, the incisions can help in terms of astigmatic correction.
- With the use of the latest technologies, all patients are assured of a treatment that is specifically designed for their needs in terms of visual correction.
No wonder, more people opt to go for the most advanced cataract procedure.
The Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery is the product of years and years of enhancing medical treatments for cataract.
You can have this innovative procedure at Shinagawa as we have the most advanced technologies to give you a safe and sound Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery.
For inquiries, contact our Patient Care Lines: (+632) 368 5238 l (+63) 917 862 7454 l (+63) 921 217 0517 to schedule a consultation and a comprehensive eye examination.