Can’t live without drinking soda or soft drinks?
Well, you should start thinking about living without them as much as you can if you love your teeth and overall health.
Soda contains bacteria-carrying sugar that can potentially damage your teeth. More so, even sugar-free soda contains its own acid that can cause hard to your teeth, too.
Drinking high-sugar soft drinks are associated with diabetes, weight gain, and obesity. That’s another big reason for you to drink sodas in moderation if you cannot get rid of it totally.
Here are some Do’s and Don’t to observe when it comes to soda and your teeth:
- Drink a lot of water
- Drink soda in moderation
- Use a straw when you drink soda to keep sugar away from your teeth
- Thoroughly rinse your mouth with water right after drinking soda
- Make sure you have a regular dental cleaning
- Never drink soda before sleeping
- Don’t make soft drinks an alternative drink during your meals
- Don’t sip for a long stretch of time
- Don’t brush your teeth right away after drinking soda. Wait at least 30 minutes before doing so.
Soft drinks are understandably quite popular however, drinking them is not the best choice for your oral and general health. For some who can’t resist sodas, the least you can do is take them in moderation.
More importantly, never forget to take care of your teeth in the process. Shinagawa Orthodontics can help you with that. Book your FREE consultation now and call our Patient Care Lines.