Some people are hesitant or afraid to get braces for their teeth as they worry about the discomfort or pain that they might feel.
If you’re one of those, you should probably re-align your thinking. It is not constant that you’re going to feel the discomfort and pain while wearing braces. While you might feel those at first, there are always ways to get much-needed relief despite wearing braces.
Here are some of them:
- Icepack – A cold temperature naturally reduces swelling as it numbs your mouth so you don’t feel pain. You can simply apply icepack outside your mouth for pain relief.
- Cold Ice Water – If you don’t have an icepack, cold ice water is a nice alternative as it can likewise help. Sipping cold ice water will numb your mouth while relieving some discomfort and pain.
- Warm Rinse – While cold temperature helps, a saltwater rinse can likewise do wonders as well. Any cuts or sores in your mouth and on your gums from braces can all be healed by gargling with warm salt water.
- Oral Anesthetic – Putting oral anesthetic on your sensitive teeth and gums can relieve the pain you get from braces. Upon application, it will likewise numb your teeth and gums to eliminate the discomfort feeling of severely shifting teeth.
- Gum Massage – Gently massaging your gums for a good stretch will help in relaxing them for a better and more comfortable feeling.
- Soft Foods – It is a given that when you wear braces, there are tons of restrictions in terms of the food you eat.
More importantly, never forget to take care of your teeth and braces. Shinagawa Orthodontics can help you with the best dental treatments and practices. Book your FREE consultation now and call our Patient Care Lines.