Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP, is a fraction of your own blood drawn off and spun down and then reapplied or injected to create improved tissue health. It is a biological skin rejuvenation treatment to regenerate epidermal tissue.
PRP is the ultimate biological skin rejuvenation treatment, as the platelets are very small cells in your blood that are involved in the clotting process and tissue repair. As they are organize in the clot they release a number of enzymes to promote healing and tissue responses including attracting stem cells to repair the damaged area.
Platelet rich plasma – PRP – has been shown to improve skin texture and tone as well as fine lines and wrinkles. By placing it into the deeper skin layer fibroblasts and other cells can be stimulated to a more youthful function. Areas like the periorbital area (around the eyes) and in necks can show dramatic improvement.
There is minimal downtime with natural looking results.
For aesthetic application it would be best to wait for three months or so after the third treatment session of platelet rich plasma – PRP – before being able to take note of the outcome.
PRP Before Treatment Instructions:
- Do not take Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) for 10 days before treatment. These substances impair platelet function in the normal clotting process and thus promotes bleeding and bruising
- Eat a light meal and be well hydrated as this treatment does require us to draw some blood.
- Do not wear makeup the day of treatment
- Most patients can resume normal activities after this treatment
PRP After treatment Instructions:
- Do not expose yourself to long periods in the sun for 2- 3 days
- Do not use a sauna, hot tub or Jacuzzi or go swimming for 2-3 days
- Do not expose yourself to extreme hot or cold temperatures or to large swings in temperature for 2-3 days
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post treatment
- No complimentary treatments such as peels, laser treatments, etc should be performed for at least 2 weeks
The Platelet Rich Plasma therapy cost in the Philippines is quite reasonable nowadays.
At Shinagawa, we offer the most comprehensive and reasonable aesthetics services including PRP therapy and PRP hair repair treatment.