Sclerotherapy is one of the most common procedures which involves the use of an injectable sclerosant (salt solution) to cause leg varicosities and spider veins (Telangiectasias) to fade and disappear.
How is the Procedure Done?
Upon injection of the sclerosant, the vein seals shut which causes varicosities to shrink and eventually, disappear.
How Long Does it Take?
The treatment takes 15 to 30 minutes.
What Can I Expect After The Procedure?
- Massage / Sauna is immediately prohibited.
- You will be asked to avoid strenuous aerobic activity after the treatment. But it is encouraged to go back to his or her normal activities to quickly stimulate blood flow.
- Use of sunscreen – Celesty UV White.
- Shinagawa compression stockings (helps healing by putting pressure & reduces swelling).
- Avoid wearing high heels for a long period of time.