Dry skin on your face is irritating, right?
Well, a few lifestyle changes, a good skincare regimen, and effective skin products can help you stop dry skin and nix flaky patches on your face pretty quickly.
From the environment to various skin conditions, dry, flaky skin can come from different causes. For one, the lack of hydration in skin highlights wrinkles and dulls complexion. Lack of humidity in the environment also dehydrates your face, causing dryness. Irritating skin products can also strip natural oils off your skin.
Treating dry skin on your face
Despite that, you can, of course, fight off dry skin on your face by following these helpful practices.
- Moisturize more, more and more – Applying a topical face moisturizer in good and effective treatment in replenishing skin hydration. Consistency is a big key here, just like in any other skincare practice. Moisturizing your skin at least twice daily to keep your skin healthy in the long-term and prevent dehydration from occurring in the first place.
- Hydrate Properly – Yes, here it is again, the importance of hydrating properly. You already know that it does wonders for your overall health, and that includes your skin. Drinking enough water every day certainly improves your skin hydration. At least eight water of glasses per day gets you there. You know that.
- Usage of Mild Facial Cleanser – Using a sulfate- and soap-free cleanser helps maintain the skin barrier. An effective mild facial cleanser is designed to skin feel soft and hydrated and helps sweep away dirt and makeup without stripping skin of oils or leaving skin feeling dried out.
- Use Hydrating Lotion or Cream – Based on some advanced lab testings, face lotions and creams are generally more hydrating than oils, serums, and other formulas — and they can increase skin’s moisture for hours.
- Extra Hydration for your Lips – Lips can be the most parched area of all since they have fewer protective layers of skin. Apply a rich lip balm or treatment every time you moisturize your face, including morning and evening, and throughout the day as needed, since eating and drinking can remove the product.
Preventing dry skin on your face is very doable with the help of some healthy skincare practices. Shinagawa Aesthetics can help, too! Call our Patient Care Lines (+632) 7-368 5238 | (+63) 917 862 7454 | (+63) 921 217 0517 for a FREE derma consultation.