Aside from it being much safer, having LASIK and brightening your vision have more benefits that constantly wearing your contact lenses.
These benefits shall give you a better insight into why it is much more reasonable and convenient than the usage of contacts.
Benefits Of LASIK Over Contact Lenses:
- Better Vision – Many patients are delighted to discover that their vision is actually better after LASIK than it was with their best pair of glasses or contact lenses. This is due to the inability for contacts to correct vision in the same way that LASIK does.
- Financial Benefits – When all costs are factored in, LASIK actually is more of an economical solution to correcting vision issues long term than contact lenses, or even eyeglasses. When the cost of contact lenses is figured over a period of time, it is easy to see how fast the price tag can build. In fact, continuing with contacts as an alternative to undergoing a permanent vision-correcting solution such as LASIK has been precisely compared to renting instead of purchasing a house. Effectively, you are throwing money into something every month without reaping the benefits of a long-term investment. Investing in LASIK pays off in the short and long run. Once the cost has been calculated, it is simple to see how reasonable LASIK eye surgery truly is.
- Better & Easier Travelling – Traveling with contact lenses and all accessories that go along with them is, without a doubt, an added burden. Packing an adequate amount of cleaning fluid, rewetting eye drops, spare contact lenses, and cases can consume a considerable amount of space in your luggage. Also, there is always the chance of losing or tearing your contact which will leave you unable to see clearly. LASIK can eliminate all of that.
- Night Vision – Most LASIK patients say that their main motivation for undergoing LASIK was to gain the ability to see adequately in the middle of the night. The capability to see your surroundings in the dark is a luxury to many eyeglass or contact lens wearers who are tired of stumbling blindly through the dark to the bathroom during the wee hours of the morning.
- Sports & Outdoor Activities – Sports, especially water sports are constantly a threat to contact lens wearers. Eye protection such as goggles is frequently needed in order to avoid losing contacts but they can be cumbersome, awkward, and impractical for certain activities. After having LASIK, you will be able to take part in any sport without worry.
- Worry-free – There is a constant threat of losing a contact lens and experiencing a sudden decrease in vision. This can be troublesome when watching television or exercising but can be extremely hazardous when driving a car.
- Happier & Healthier Eyes – Contact lenses can worsen or be the source of many eye problems such as red, itchy, sore, dry eyes, or allergies. Eyes can, eventually, become intolerant to contact lenses which results in the inability to wear them. Also, losing or tearing contacts are always fear for those who frequently wear them. Extended contact lens usage is also associated with a number of risks.
Knowing these advantages that LASIK can offer compared to contacts, this shall make it a no-brainer to go for it for a brighter vision.
Schedule your LASIK screening at Shinagawa! Call our Patient Care Lines: (+632) 7-368 5238 | (+63) 917 862 7454 | (+63) 921 217 0517 for inquiries and appointments.