Archive for year: 2019
In our previous entry (hyperlink previous blog here), it was discussed how air pollution can significantly affect your eyes and vision for the worse.
With that, it is quite important to protect your eyes from air pollution.
Here are some simple, yet effective ways to protect your eyes from the bad effect that air pollution brings:
1. Don’t Forget Your Sunglasses – Yes, it’s more than just an accessory. Wearing sunglasses is essential as that protects your eyes from the unforgiving rays of the sun and all the pollution out there. Every time you’re outdoors, wearing sunglasses enables you to protect your eyes from dust, debris or any harmful particles present in the air.
2. Hydrate Well – Dehydration should be a no-no. The easiest way to protect your eyes from air pollution is by staying hydrated. Drink at least eight glasses of water. It is essential to keep your body hydrated if you want your eyes to produce an adequate amount of tears.
3. Eat Foods Helpful For The Eyes – The effect of proper nutrition on health is sometimes underrated and it should not be. A daily intake of foods rich in fish oil, antioxidants, and foods omega-3s is a super effective prevention method.
4. Increase Indoor Humidity – Increasing the humidity levels indoor is an ideal way to protect your eyes. The air outside is dry but you can keep the air in your home moist. The humidity will not only keep your eyes moist but will also help in clearing your sinuses.
5. Stay Indoors In Times Of Pollution Level Peak – In cases wherein there is a high level of particulate matter in the air, limit your outdoor exposure as much as you can. Stay indoors. Even if you really have to go outside, protect your eyes with spectacles and/or masks.
Follow these tips and reminders and make sure your eyes are always well protected from the harmful air pollution.
To know more about what’s best for your eyes, consult our renowned doctors. Call our Patient Care Lines: (+632) 368 5238 l (+63) 917 862 7454 l (+63) 921 217 0517 to schedule an appointment.
Aside from better stamina, cardio and body shape, regularly exercising presents more overall benefits that you may know.
In fact, exercising can actually do a lot of wonders for your skin.
According to various studies, here are some amazing benefits that exercising can give you and your body:
- Improves Acne – Since regular exercise helps regulate blood sugar, it helps reduce inflammation which can improve acne. It also reduces the stress hormone, cortisol, which is an acne trigger.
- Reduces Risk of Skin Cancer – Based on studies, regular exercise lowers your risk for skin cancer, including life-threatening melanoma.
- Reduces Heartburn – Regular exercise, especially less stressful aerobic types like swimming and walking, reduce the severity of acid reflux or heartburn. And reducing heartburn can also help you sleep better.
- Improves Chronic Pain – Losing weight is critical to improving chronic pain since the more weight you carry, the more pressure and pain to your joints and bones you’ll experience. Exercise also reduces pain because it reduces inflammation and your weight, of course.
- Reduces Risk of Alzheimer’s Disease – A study showed that daily exercise significantly reduces the risk for Alzheimer’s, even if —get this— you start exercising after the age of 80.
- Better Sleep – Regular exercise helps you sleep better, provided it’s not done within 2 to 3 hours of bedtime. Exercise can also reduce and sometimes eliminate sleep apnea, a frustrating and potentially health-threatening sleep disorder that causes disruptions in breathing.
- More Energy – Many studies show that exercise, even just a few times a week, boosts energy. And morning exercisers reap the biggest benefit.
- More Happiness – If you’ve heard of “runner’s high,” then you know that exercise makes people happy. That’s because exercise boosts mood-enhancing or feel-good endorphins.
- Reduces Risk of Psoriasis – A study showed that vigorous aerobic exercise and calisthenics are associated with a reduced risk of psoriasis, a chronic inflammatory skin condition.
As you can see, working out constantly presents a lot of health benefits for your skin. You should probably start hitting the gym.
You should also start taking care of your skin better. Know what’s best for your skin. FREE consultation is on us. Call our Patient Care Lines: (+632) 368 5238 | (+63) 917 862 7454 | (+63) 921 217 0517 to book an appointment.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
MAKATI Main Branch
Mezzanine, Tower 2, The Enterprise Center, 6766 Ayala Ave. cor. Paseo de Roxas, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
21st Floor, Hanston Square Bldg.,#17 San Miguel Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605 Philippines