What are the benefits of Rhinoplasty?
- It improves physical appearance by making the nose symmetrical to the other parts of the face (based on the individual’s preference)
- It improves nasal function (for instance, in those with a deviated sepum and obstructed nasal passages)
- It boosts self-confidence
- It can also help those with sleep apnea (or disruption in breathing while asleep)
What are the types of Rhinoplasty?
1. Nasal Bridge Rhinoplasty
This is more commonly known as a “nose lift”. This procedure changes the height of the bridge of the nose. (Shinagawa uses Silicon or Goretex made in Japan.)
2. Nasal Tip Rhinoplasty
This is a procedure that enhances or reduces the tip of the nose
3. Alar plasty
This is a procedure which reduces and alters the base of the nose to create narrower nostrils
Preparing for the procedure
- Two weeks before the procedure, avoid taking aspirin and vitamin E unless medically indicated
- Alcohol intake is prohibited
- One day before surgery, begin the antibiotics prescribed by your surgeon
- You must also be mentally and emotionally prepared to undergo the procedure by being informed
and having the right motivation and realistic expectations.
How the procedure is done
- Local anesthesia is instilled which will numb the area
- The incisions the surgeon will make will depend on the type of nose surgery that will be done
After the procedure
- After the procedure, a downtime of 7-10 days is expected
- Nasal packs may also be used as needed
- Apply cold compress up to 15 minutes every three to four hours
- Sleep with your head raised on at least three pillows to decrease the swelling
- Stay away from places that are dusty or filled with smoke.
- Avoid smoking.
- Refrain from engaging in strenuous physical activities, swimming or contact sports for a month
- Get plenty of rest and maintain a balanced diet
- Take pain medication as prescribed
- Avoid taking aspirin unless medically indicated
- Avoid exposing the incision to direct sunlight
- Minimize touching your nose for one week
- Make sure to comply with your schedule for follow-up check ups
Before and After Treatments
Nasal Bridge Rhinoplasty?
Patient noted a more defined bridge and narrower nostrils. He was truly happy with the result.
Talk to us. Our team of experts would be glad to assist you.