Are you embarrassed by your white or coated tongue?
For sure, you are most likely clueless or unsure of how to treat that. Find the answers to all of those ailments and move past all of these problems.
While there are various possible causes, the most common reason for the white and coated tongue is a build-up of plaque on the teeth and tongue. This plaque encourages bacteria to grow, which leads to the problems of the white and coated tongue.
To improve these conditions, you need to remove this plaque on a regular basis. This is why you should brush your tongue and teeth at least twice a day. Why should you brush your tongue? It’s the easiest way to cut down that plaque build-up.
Now that you know why you should brush your tongue and teeth, follow these brushing basics.
Brushing Your Teeth Correctly:
- Brush at least twice a day.
- Clean all tooth surfaces to remove stains and hidden plaque.
- Choose fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a gentle touch.
Brush Your Tongue Properly:
- Use a tongue scraper or your toothbrush to clean your tongue.
- Place a small amount of toothpaste or mouthwash on the brush or scraper.
- If you use your toothbrush, always rinse and dry it well before brushing your tongue with it.
- Gently brush your tongue from back to front.
- Conclude your dental hygiene regimen by rinsing with mouthwash.
Following these brushing methods and techniques can make a difference in treating your white tongue properly.
Aside from that, what you need is the sentiments of an expert dentist as well. Ours at Shinagawa Orthodontics knows how you can deal with your white tongue and most certainly other dental issues you might be having.
FREE consultation is on us! Book an appointment now. Call our Patient Care Lines: (+632) 368 5238 | (+63) 917 862 7454 | (+63) 921 217 0517.