Most of us know or have an idea about cataract but only a few are aware of its particulars. There are actually plenty of misconceptions about cataract.
Various myths about causes and treatments, among others, of cataract are popularly scattered, that’s why it’s hard to straighten the facts to those who don’t know much about this eye condition.
If you have a cataract, it is quite important to differentiate the myths and facts about it to know your best course of action.
With that, know the important myths and facts about cataract, according to medical studies and statistics, that you most certainly need to digest.
- Eye drops have the ability to prevent and dissolve cataracts. They can’t.
- Cataracts are caused by how people use their eyes.
- Cataracts can spread from one eye to the other.
- Cataracts can regrow.
- Taking aspirins can prevent cataract.
- Cataracts can be worse with close-up tasks.
- Cataract surgery is dangerous and recovery takes longer.
- Untreated cataracts are the leading cause of vision loss worldwide.
- Cataracts are a natural result of aging. As we get up there in age, cataract formation is a natural part of an eye’s aging process. In fact, aging is the most common cause of cataract.
- More than 90% of patients who’ve had cataract surgery regain useful vision.
- Cataracts cannot be treated by medicines.
- Cataract surgery is the only proven treatment for cataract. It is one of the safest and most highly-performed and perfected surgical procedures across the world with a 95% success rate.
- The best way to maintain healthy vision, as much as possible, is to schedule a regular visit to an ophthalmologist.
Now that this enables you to separate the facts from fictions, it is supposed to be a bit easier for you know to map out what’s best for your vision.
Most people with cataract normally needs surgery once enough vision loss already interferes with day-to-day activities and tasks. It is best to consult an ophthalmologist in this scenario to be able to know the best time to have surgery.
For the safest and most precise Cataract Procedure, Shinagawa has the most advanced Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery, a proven and state-of-the-art laser technology treatment for cataract removal that specifically creates an efficient surgical plan and delivers a unique procedure suited for every patient ensuring a highly accurate data and effective results.
For your concerns, problems, and inquiries regarding cataract contact our Patient Care Lines: (+632) 368 5238 l (+63) 917 862 7454 l (+63) 921 217 0517 to schedule a consultation and a comprehensive eye examination to see if you need a treatment.