You may be washing your teeth three times a day, but do you do it correctly?
It’s important to regularly brush your teeth but you should also know that it is also critical to brush your teeth properly.
Here are the proper ways to brush your teeth:
- Use a Double-Duty Toothpaste – Picking a more effective toothpaste is essential. It is best to use a toothpaste with fluoride as it helps in strengthening your teeth and protecting them from decay and other oral problems.
- Floss, too – Yes, flossing should be a complement of brushing. Many people ignore flossing but this is essential. There are some things inside your mouth that brushing are bound to miss out on and that’s where flossing comes in.
It is sometimes impossible for foods that are caught in between teeth to be removed by a toothbrush. That makes flossing, at least once a day, necessary.
- Prioritize your tongue as well – Your tongue can sometimes be forgotten and that should not be the case. Brushing your tongue should also be a must as that minimizes odor-causing bacteria that may build-up. Along with that, it freshens your breath as well.
- Perfecting the right technique – Applying the right technique also applies in brushing. All three sides of the teeth (inside, outside and the chewing surfaces) should thoroughly be given attention.
- Don’t rush – When it comes to brushing, you have to allot at least two minutes to make sure that you cover everything. There’s no point in brushing if you rush it. Take time and brush the right way.
You can brush the insides of the teeth using an up-and-down motion with gentle strokes for a safer and more effective approach.
Correctly brushing your teeth is a vital habit that can help you ensure healthy teeth, gums and a beautiful smile.
Regularly visiting a dentist is another habit that you should have to maintain and take care of your oral health accordingly.
Our dentists can help you with that. Call our Patient Care Lines: (+632) 368 5238 | (+63) 917 862 7454 | (+63) 921 217 0517.