There are many skin facts you can read over the internet. From different skin care, rave about products or the latest skin treatments. Here are 10 things we can share for you so you can get to know your skin better.
1. It is important to know your SKIN TYPE.
– We often go with the bandwagon approach. If your sister or your beauty bestie uses a certain product and works for them, it might not work for you. Get to know your skin type so you can use the right products in taking care of your skin.
2. Find out which skin care product you mix and match.
– Once you have identified which skin type you are, you can use the appropriate product that will work for your skin. Mixing of two different products that contradict its purpose can be a skin disaster and can bring harm to your skin.
3. Antibacterial soaps can be anti-skin too.
– Antibacterial soaps has an active ingredient – Triclosan. It has shown to alter the way hormones work in animal studies and also been found to possibly contribute to making bacteria resistant to antibiotics. Yikes!
4. Stay away from applying just any old cream or ointment on your zits.
– Home remedy treatment by using topical steroids like betamethasone or clobetasol on your pimple to clamp down on inflammation. It reduces the redness and swelling but little people know that the common side effect of prolonged use is steroid-induced acne.
5. No to calamansi or lemon juice to whiten your skin.
– Admit it. Raise your hands of those who are guilty of it. Leave the citrus juices in quenching the thirst and not in whitening the skin. The concentration of such acids may vary and may have unpredictable results that can cause allergies and sunlight-induced reactions.
6. Swear By applying sunscreen. By swear, it means religiously.
– Seriously, sunscreen is the first step in keeping your skin young looking. Sunscreen is the answer. Fighting sun damage. Exposure to ultraviolet light whether UVA or UVB causes premature skin aging including wrinkles. If your excuse is the greasy effects of it, sunscreen also comes in gel form.
7. Moisturize, moisturize, and moisturize.
– Keeping your skin hydrated is very important. It keeps the skin supple. It’s a need to find the right type of moisturizer that suits your skin type. It pays off in taking a healthy dose of water.
8. Watch what your skin tells you.
– Pimples or rashes may seem ordinary skin problem but it could possibly be that your health is sending signals that something is wrong. Diseases like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), diabetes, or lupus are working with your skin to give you signs.
9. It doesn’t mean your skin is perfect means you don’t need to visit your derma.
– Prevention is always the best treatment. Regardless if you are having a skin problem or not, it’s still best to pay a visit to your derma to check if either you’ve been keeping your skin in its pristine condition or if you need something to even make it better.
10. Keep your self-esteem by saving your skin.
– Skin conditions and problems not just leave an effect on a physical state but on one’s self-esteem too. Start with saving your skin.
To sum it up, know your skin type to know what skin treatments and products will work for you. Moisturize and use sunscreen. Regularly maintain a visit to your dermatologist for proper skin assessment and treatments needed.
Let Shinagawa be your partner in keeping your skin at its best. Call our Patient Care Lines: (+632) 368 5238 | (+63) 917 862 7454 | (+63) 921 217 0517 for a FREE CONSULTATION or visit our clinic in Makati and Ortigas.